Sunday, November 13, 2011

Problems. Problems. Problems. All these problem with out solutions

Think about high school, church, employment (if you had a job in high school), relationships--what problems did you encounter in these areas of you life? How did you respond to these problems? Did you take the lead in solving them, or did you rely on someone else's authority or resources to find a solution?


I really don't see the bumps in life as problems, I just see them as learning experiences, but I suppose if I had to choose a particularly large bump in my road I suppose this summer would be the only one I'd like to put under the scope. I had a really hard decision about whether or not I'd return to AU because of the huge price tag. To help me decide I talked with my friends, my parents, academic and financial advisers at both AU and IUS but I still couldn't come to a consensus about where I needed to be. There seemed to be so many pluses and negatives for both sides. I know it's such a human thing to want to solve all of our problems on our own but my biggest struggle in my relationship with God is that completely blind faith that he'll make everything work out for the better. I happen to be having a really rough day and it was getting down to the wire and I was going into my room and I stubbed the crap out of my toe on my Message/NIV translation of the Bible. It was so cliche that I was laughing to hard to actually acknowledge the pain in my foot. I felt like an idiot not consulting God first on this huge decision, but once I did the decision almost seemed so obvious it was stupid of me to have ever questioned his power to make it work.




~Life is good and the sun is shining.


Jasmine

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great that you are able to view life's ups and downs as learning experiences rather than problems. I'm actually going through something similar to what you went through, as far as having to make a decision about whether or not to stay because of the cost. And yes, it is very important to ask God to show you!

    ReplyDelete